Oakmont was incorporated in 1899. This riverfront walking community has a rich past and an exciting future. Stroll through the wonderful shops, restaurants and businesses along Allegheny River Boulevard and Allegheny Avenue. Visit the Oakmont Chamber of Commerce website for current events and activities. Oakmont, Pennsylvania
Oakmont Points of Interest
- Oakmont Bakery – Two words: Everything Bread!
- The Oakmont Country Club - U.S. Open host in 1935, 1953, 1962 1973, 1994, 2007, 2016.
- The Kerr Memorial Museum – Period Home of Dr. Thomas R. Kerr built in 1898.
- The Carnegie Library of Oakmont - Built in 1899. It was the tenth library commissioned by Andrew Carnegie in America.
- The Oaks Theater – Newly renovated and not just for movies anymore!
- The Oakmont Verona Cemetery - Located on Pennsylvania Avenue.
- The Jonathon Hulton Bridge - Originally constructed in 1908, replaced in 2016.
- Riverside Park - Located along the Allegheny River behind Riverview High School. Recreational facilities include tennis courts, basketball court, running track, pavilions, and a children's playground.
- Oakmont History Center & Museum - 628 Allegheny River Boulevard